If your teeth are not as bright and white as they used to be, you are not alone. Teeth whitening is the most commonly requested cosmetic dental service. Our dentist and team are happy to provide teeth whitening in Houston, Texas, for those who wish to brighten their pearly whites.
When considering whitening your teeth, you may wonder:
The radiance of teeth can fade over time for several reasons, like:
– Food and drinks – Drinks like tea, red wine, and coffee can stain the teeth. In general, foods and drinks with a bright or dark color can stain the teeth.
– Tobacco products – Tar and nicotine, which are both found in tobacco, can create stubborn discoloration on the teeth.
– Age – Beneath the outer layer of the tooth (enamel) is a soft, yellowish area called dentin. Over time, the tooth enamel becomes thinner and more of the dentin shows through.
– Trauma – If you have a mouth related injury, a tooth may darken. This is because teeth react to injury by laying down more dentin, the yellowish layer under the surface.
– Medicines – Certain medicines (like antihistamines, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medicines) can cause darkening of the teeth.
At Smiley Dental Houston, we offer both take-home and in-office whitening to suit your needs. Contact our office today for more information and to schedule an appointment. Our dentist and team are happy to answer any questions that you may have.