If you wish for the best oral health possible, it’s best to prevent plaque growth on your smile. Plaque is a white, sticky film that covers the surfaces of your teeth and blends in with your smile. If this substance is not removed in the right time frame, it could cause major dental issues, like tooth decay and gum disease. So, it’s best to fight plaque on a regular basis by doing the following things:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day. As you brush, please use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss the crevices of your smile at least once a day. This will help remove the plaque that lives between your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth daily with mouthwash. It’s best to use a beneficial rinse, like antibacterial mouthwash, to keep the plaque away.
- Have a balanced and healthy diet and do your best to stay away from the sugary and carb-loaded snacks.
- Replace your old toothbrush with a new one every 3-4 months. Using a worn-down brush is not beneficial or effective.
- Attend your dental cleanings and exams every six months.
Plaque prevention in Houston, Texas, is important, especially if you want a strong and healthy smile. So, if you have questions or if you need to schedule your next cleaning appointment, call us at 713.936.1923 now! We are more than happy to help you.